Are you still doing your business the old way? Do you still have thick files that have gathered dust? Documents you have kept somewhere and have forgotten what they are, destroyed by book mites and smeared by moisture from the ever changing temperature in the room.
We would also need to hire document controllers and filing clerks to sort those files and keep then in systematized order. Worry no more. There is a better way of organizing your files, photos, documents and transmittals which would not take up too much space in your home or business office.
Lest you are living in a remote area sans the advancement of modern technology, I’m sure you must have heard of a document scanner.
It is one of those inventions that is heaven sent, most especially to business people in need of more space in their office, need more time to organize their files and spend less for people to hire just to take cate of their files and documents. Space, money, and time saving innovation that will make any business flourish even more.
This scanner is from the Japanese giant Fujitsu. This company is available in more than a hundred countries. They are one of the first and leading ICT or information and communication technology companies in the whole world as they were founded on 1935.
Fujitsu started with radio, switching systems, and transmission equipment before they started making computers and computer accessories. Today, they have a very diverse variety of products such as client computing devices, mobile phone and tablets, rating systems, air conditioners, and business and technology solutions.
To know more about Fujitsu’s PA03656-b005 Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500, we have listed all of its features below:
- Duplex or two sided scanning
- Can be connected through WiFi or USB
- 25 ppm or 50 ipm scanning for colored
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Wirelessly scan and access scanned files through your smartphones and tablets by using the ScanSnap connect App: works on both iOS and Android devices
- Scan to email, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and more
- ScanSnap Cloud: allows you to scan files to be saved on the cloud without the need of a computer, laptop, or mobile device
- It can recognize what type of file you scanned
- Comes with a searchable PDF creation software that lets you edit PDF files
- Quick menu displays your favorite folders and recommended scanning destinations depending on what type of file they recognize
- Business cards gets automatically segregated into one folder and can be entered into multiple databases such as Excel, Salesforce, Outlook Express, and more
- Lets you secure your scanned files with a password and a digital ID
- Equipped with a dual-core GI image processing engine
- Scans A4 and A3 papers and even business cards, receipts, and magazine and newspaper clippings
- Supported languages: English, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, and French
- Supported currencies: EUR (Euro), USD (United States Dollar), RUB (Russian Ruble), GBP (Great Britain Pound), AUD (Australian Dollar), and CAD (Canadian Dollar),
- This scanner’s dimensions are 10.9 x 15.5 x 9.8 in and weighs 3 lbs.
- Color: shiny matte black
The Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500 is one of the most sought after scanners for offices, businesses, and even home use. As discussed previously, it is packed with excellent features that are very useful in our day to day work activities. Below is a list of its pros:
- The scanner, software, and free app are very easy to use as it guides you in every step of the scanning process
- High speed document feeding and scanning
- Paper rarely jams
- Very durable and will definitely last for a long time
- Good construction and sophisticated design
- Has auto white balance correction, auto de-skew, auto paper orientation, and blank side auto deletion
- The consumable rollers lasts for a long time
- The smart receipt program is very useful and will let you be fully ready for tax season
- Worth the huge price tag
- Excellent customer service
There is no doubt that this is one of the scanners in the market. It is heavy duty and lets you connect wirelessly. It is safe to say that a lot of people would love to get their hands on the Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500. However, just like any other product out there, it has some imperfections. Here are some qualities that this scanner can still improve on:
- No Twain support
- Not the cheapest scanner
- The color detection is not that strong
- Does not have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat at the time of its release
- The interior has a tendency of getting dirty so you would need to check it every now and then since the dirt can appear on your scanned files
As great as this scanner is, it is quite expensive. If you have a limited budget, a good alternative is the Brother ADS-2000e Scanner. This scanner is a lot cheaper than the ScanSnap iX500. They have a few similarities being that the Brother scanner also has the minor features like auto rotate, removes background, blank page removal.
It also comes with a bonus software called the Nuance PDF Converter Professional 8. The downside of this scanner is that it cannot connect wirelessly and can only connect through USB.
In every business or even home, a scanner can be a great device to have. It helps us organize and store our files digitally so that we can say goodbye to the clutter of paper. Not only will you save a lot of space when you choose to go paperless, but it will also save you a lot of time when you want to look for a certain document.
The Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500 really is one of the best scanner in the market. It has a modern design that would fit in any office. The scanning speed of this devices is unbeatable.
It also lets you connect wirelessly to almost any device. It is also very durable and can withstand daily use. So if you are looking for the best, this scanner is definitely for you.