I think we can all agree that paperwork are a pain to store and organize. You would need to have a lot of space where you can fit all the documents that you need and it is even more difficult is to organize them to easily find that one piece of document you need.
Some may purchase organizers or cases where they can store papers but that is just going to take a lot of space. Sorting and categorizing can be very time consuming as well. Luckily, with the rapid development of technology, we are now able to organize our documents digitally by using a scanner.
Truthfully, scanners are not new, they have actually been around for quite some time now. If you are living under a rock and do not know what a scanner is, let me explain it to you.
A scanner is a hardware that you can connect to your computer which allows you to scan documents, photos, receipts, and even business cards. When you scan any type of document, you will be able to see and store it in your computer.
Why You Should Buy A Scanner
A scanner is a great tool to have for offices, businesses, and even homes. There are definitely a lot of benefits that comes with using a document scanner. Here are some great reasons why you should have one:
A lot of paperwork needs a big storage and would take a lot of space in your home. Having a lot of clutter in your home can be a huge headache. When you use a scanner, you can allot that extra space for something more important.
There are times when we tend to overlook the importance of a document and throw it in the trash only to find out months later that it is very important. By scanning your important documents and storing those paperwork in your computer will eliminate the risk of losing them. Just don’t forget to back them up just in case.
Keeping paperwork organized can be a drag. You would need to sort them one by one alphabetically, numerically, or whatever floats your boat. What makes it even harder is when you try to look for one document.
You’ll end up going through each paper which can be time consuming and irritating. When you have your files saved in your computer, you can easily look for that on document by doing a simple search.
Scanners nowadays does not only let you access the documents in your computer. Newer models of scanners today lets you access them with almost any type of device like smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Your files can also be shared to your coworkers or family through the cloud, email, and social network sites.
Remember the time when we used film cameras instead of digital ones? Well I do. In fact, I still have a few huge duffel bags with albums of old pictures from decades ago. Some of the photos I have are not in great condition anymore. So if you want to save those memories, scanning them is the way to go.
Plustek PS30D Duplex Document Scanner
Plustek is a company that manufactures different computer hardware, mainly scanners. Their products are designed for both professional and consumer use. Aside from scanners, they also have a line of security systems.
The Plustek PS30D duplex Document Scanner is an excellent hardware to have in any office or home. It has all the qualities that anyone would want in a scanner. To know more about this awesome product, below is a list of its features:
- Desktop document scanner
- Automatic document feeder can scan 60 ipm or 30 pmm for grayscale and 50 ipm or 25 ppm for colored
- Can scan up to 3000 documents a day
- Optical resolution is 600 dpi / hardware resolution is 600 x 600 dpi
- Has an auto color detection, auto rotate, character enhancement, auto deskew, and denoise
- Easy one touch scanning
- Removes background, punch holes, and blank pages
- Capable of scanning a document of with the length of 2 in. to 200 in. and width of 2.5 in. to 8.5 in.
- Acceptable weight or thickness of paper is 50 to 105 g/㎡ or 14 to 28 lbs.
- Different formats: PDF, TIFF, JPEG, MPDF, and SPDF
- Compatible with MAC, Windows, and Linux
- Powerful software range includes the following: MacAction, NewSoft Presto! BizCard 6, DocAction, ABBYY FineReader Sprint, and DocTWAIN
This scanner has a lot of features that are very useful in our daily work especially for businesses. Here is a list of its positive qualities that will surely make you want to purchase this scanner:
- Very easy to use and the software is easy to install as well
- Worth the price
- Scans documents accurately and fast
- Excellent customer service
- No paper jams
- Scans multiple pages at a time (http://scanningthings.com/how-to-scan-multiple-pages-into-one-file/)
- The quality of the scans are great even with below the standard dpi of 200
- Ability to create numerous profiles
- A wide range of settings that you can customize
As great as the Plustek PS30D Duplex Document Scanner is, it still has a few flaws. Every person has his or her own experience with a product. Qualities that some may find unpleasant does not mean that you would have the same experience as well. Below is a list of things that the company can still improve on:
- The manual could be more detailed especially with the use of the software
- Some of the features are not that perfect and could use some improvement like deskewing and background removal
- You can’t delete pages before the documents get saved
Going paperless is a great way to have better control of our important documents and save a lot of time and space. By scanning paperwork and storing them to your computer, you will get a better experience in running your business or just by keeping them organized.
So if you want to go to the digital route and make your life a lot easier, don’t forget to consider purchasing a Plustek PS30D Duplex Document Scanner.