The use of a scanner is quite popular nowadays for taking instant digital images of documents, films, photographic prints, etc. Its main function is to scan a document and create a scanned copy which is almost like an original copy of the scanned documents. It is a digital mirror image capturing device.
Presently, in many situations, digitally scanned images are accepted as the replica image of its original version. These scanned images can be sent via mobile, laptop, computer to other locations easily and almost instantly, which is one of the reasons behind the popularity of scanners.
The most desired features of a good scanner
Multiple scanners are available in the market but all the models are not that popular. Before we review the HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s1 sheet-feed desktop scanner, let us check first the most desirable features of a quality scanner.
- Portability and user-friendliness is a pre requisite
- Image quality (in terms of depth and color precision) should be clear and perfect in accordance to the scanned document
- The gadget has to be space savvy so that small space is occupied for its placement
- It should be compatible with different operating systems and software
- The scanner should offer bed-scan size facility
- A good quality scanner is a versatile tool. It can work on 3D objects for example, shells, cloths, as well as on coins which are of flat surface
- A flatbed scanner enabled with printing capabilities can serve as a home printer
- Its price should be justified according to its features and performance
Counting all these features in mind, we have come to a conclusion that HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s1 sheet-feed desktop Scanner comes with all standard features. Take a look at its prime features to guess its utility and compatibility with your requirement.
HP ScanJet Pro 2000 model is known for its fast speed, affordable price, and compact design. Users have found its compact design to be proficient to handle wide range of documents, like simple color jobs to multifaceted workflows. Speedily and consistently the scanner can digitize projects with scanning speed of 24 PPM/48 IPM and a fifty-page ADF.
- The scanner is attuned to scan docs equal to 600 dpi resolution
- It supports PDF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, Text (.txt), TIF, Rich Text (rtf.) and searchable PDF formats for use in text/image
- The auto document feeder of this scanner holds the capacity to accommodate 50 sheets of Xerox 4024 and 75 g/mto – 2 papers
- The scanner is built with hi-speed USB 2.0 interface: Windows: TWAIN version 2.1 for consistent connectivity. With 2000 pages heavy duty cycle, the scanner performs wonderfully with steady output
- HP Sheet-feed scanner is apt for versatile use: it is competent for using in office documents as well as for searching library books in educational institution
- It has robust duty cycle which is up to 2000 pages/day
- The machine runs on fast task speed; by calculation it is A4 PDF to e-mail (300 DPI, 24-bit) that turns into almost 12.98 seconds for scanning of a single image
- Input scan mode: One default scan mode on frontal-panel for HP scan facility in Windows OS and it is relevant for HP Easy Scan as well as for ICA in Mac iOS
- Media Types: Printed paper (both laser & ink), cut sheet paper, pre-punched paper, banking checks, business cards, cargo bills, no-carbon forms
- Control panel is built with a scan button, an LED alert light empowered power button, and an LED signal light for error indication
- Compatible OS: OS X El Capitan 10.11, OS X Mavericks 10.9, OS X Yosemite 10.10, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit as well as 64-bit plus Mac compatible
- The scanner offers some auto color related features like auto-crop, auto-orient, OCR, auto-exposure, edge exclusion, backdrop cleaning, get rid of crack, color fading, etc.
- ADF Specification: Auto document feeder speed: equal to 24 ppm/48 ipm, Size of scan: 2″ x 2″ – 8.5″ x 122″
- Input voltage: 90 – 264 VAC, 50/60 Hz, Power use: 0.1 W (auto-off), 1.0 W (sleep), 0.1 W (off) and 3.6 W (ready).
- The weight of the unboxed scanner is 5.7 lbs.
- Lightweight and energy efficient
- Heavy duty scanner; can handle 2000 pages /day
- It is built with OCR software inside
- Compact design
- Space saver machine
- It supports one-pass duplex scan facility
- 24×7 web support for users
- The machine does not have option for network connectivity
- At times it may get slow and accuracy gets compromised
- Platen is not existing and there is no option to upgrade/modify.
Summary of features
The HP ScanJet Pro 2000 model is a quality scanner for small to medium business. It is a versatile scanner that can work on almost all types of 3D objects with the same level of efficiency. The scanner can define profiles for common document types with the facility of HP scan software. The machine is efficiently known for producing clear, decipherable scans up to 600-DPI resolution.
Functionality wise, the scanner can accurately capture and organize documents, business cards, and other file types. The machine permits easy transfer scans into edit eligible text, secured PDF files, and more files by using built-in OCR, which is an added advantage. Besides office you can use it at home as well.
Comparison to similar products
Brother ImageCenter ADS-2000e High Speed Desktop Document Scanner and Epson WorkForce ES-400 Color Duplex Document Scanner for PC and Mac (compare w/ Fujitsu iX500), Auto Document Feeder (ADF) are two scanner models that users often review along with HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s1 sheet-feed desktop Scanner.
If three of these almost similar models are compared, we can find that the brother model has Linux compatibility and Wi-Fi connectivity, but performance wise and speed wise the HP product renders better output. Web Support of HP is well known globally and spare parts are available with manufacturing guarantee if needed. Overall, the HP product excels in its performance and output.
If you are running a small to medium business and you are concerned about ROI of your office appliances, HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s1 sheet-feed desktop Scanner is a good buy for you. It is a right investment as the HP brand and their product will never let you down in terms of dependability and performance.